Little Hippie Sales Associate
Compensation: $18-25/hr based on experience with opportunity to advance
Employment type: Part-time or full-time
Location: Brooklyn, NY & remote
We are looking for multi-skilled individuals to assist in all marketing tasks involved in keeping our business thriving. The ideal candidate will be high energy, personable, and creative with excellent written and verbal communication skills and enthusiasm for growing our audience while receiving 360 training in all aspects of running our business.
- Interested in music, art & counterculture
- Able to talk to and connect with customers to create authentic experiences
- Self-motivated and capable of managing your workflow
- Always ready to learn something new and eager to solve problems
- Curious about how and where things are made and how to make them better
- Excited about retail and merchandising both online and IRL
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Trustworthy, reliable and punctual
- Ready to have fun with social media
- A good listener interested in what other people have to say
- Eager to acquire new skills and have an aptitude for software and web-based apps
- Work with shop manager to develop a marketing calendar based on incoming products while also integrating ongoing marketing of evergreen products
- Determine an ideal marketing routine and schedule weekly tasks for team members
- Create and distribute photographic, video and written social content to all platforms
- Manage and reply to comments and conversations on all social platforms
- Actively engage and grow audience
- Assist business owner with integration of personal content (business history, personal story, company values)
- Write product copy to create cross-platform engagement and increase SEO
- Seek out and onboard online creators to our affiliate platform, develop guidelines for collaboration, manage product requests and schedule related content
- Take charge of Klaviyo mailing list and routinely send newsletters
- Research and identify trends to plan effective campaigns
- Analyze data to increase engagement and optimize delivery schedules
- Create & maintain online ad campaigns and develop metrics for success
- Provide feedback from all platforms to management
- Promote pop up vending at music events and provide ongoing support for retail team on the road (opportunity to travel)
- Assist brick-and-mortar sales associates with routine shop tasks such as opening and/or closing shop, customer service, and POS checkout
Education and experience requirements
- High school diploma required;. Bachelor’s degree or in college preferred.
- Retail experience desired
- General math skills
- Mac/computer proficiency- Dropbox, Google Drive & Docs, Excel, Word
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
- Experience with Shopify, Google Analytics, Meta Business Suite & Ads Manager, Klaviyo a plus
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to kneel, bend, stoop, crouch, reach, climb a ladder, walk, and stand for long durations of time
- Ability to move and lift equipment and supplies of up to 30 pounds
- Vision abilities include close, distance, color peripheral, and depth perception
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate
This job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out other duties as requested.
- Flexible schedule
- Huge growth opportunity
- Employee discount (20%)
- Potential for 401(k), health insurance and PTO after a year of employment
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a short video telling us which job you're applying for and why you would be a great fit for the position. References are a plus. You can also drop your resume/cover letter off at our store in Brooklyn any day of the week between 11am-6pm. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Thank you!
Little Hippie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.