Little Hippie Sales Associate
Compensation: $18-25/hr based on experience with opportunity to advance
Employment type: Part-time or full-time
Location: Brooklyn, NY hybrid
We are looking for multi-skilled individuals to assist in all daily tasks involved in keeping our business thriving. The ideal candidate will be high energy, personable, and creative with excellent written and verbal communication skills and enthusiasm for building a team while receiving 360 training in all aspects of running our business.
- Interested in music, art & counterculture
- Able to talk to and connect with customers to create authentic experiences
- Self-motivated and capable of managing your workflow
- Always ready to learn something new and eager to solve problems
- Curious about how and where things are made and how to make them better
- Excited about retail and merchandising both online and IRL
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Trustworthy, reliable and punctual
- Ready to have fun with social media
- A good listener interested in what other people have to say
- Eager to acquire new skills and have an aptitude for software and web-based apps
Education and experience requirements
- High school diploma required;. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One year Shopify and/or brick-and-mortar
- General math skills
- Strong Mac/computer skills - Dropbox, Google Drive & Docs, Excel, Word
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to kneel, bend, stoop, crouch, reach, climb a ladder, walk, and stand for long durations of time
- Ability to move and lift equipment and supplies of up to 30 pounds
- Vision abilities include close, distance, color peripheral, and depth perception
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate
This job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out other duties as requested.
- Must be available extra hours through the November-December holidays
- Must be comfortable working alone and independently in a store setting
- Flexible schedule
- Huge growth opportunity
- Employee discount (20%)
- Potential for 401(k), health insurance and PTO after a year of employment
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a short video telling us which job you're applying for and why you would be a great fit for the position. References are a plus. You can also drop your resume/cover letter off at our store in Brooklyn any day of the week between 11am-6pm. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Thank you!
Little Hippie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.